National Public Health Week Scholarship Opportunity:
Funding for Schools/Universities
Are you a student of health education or public health attending currently attending school and wish to be more involved with National Public Health Week 2017?
For a second year the Oregon Public Health Association (OPHA) Health Education & Promotion (HEP) Section is offering scholarships for National Public Health Week (NPHW) to health education and/or public health student groups at Oregon schools and universities to conduct educational outreach and activities relating to NPHW. These scholarships provide opportunities for students of health education and public health to conduct original and needed outreach and education activities within their defined community. These activities will relate to the NPHW themes for 2017: http://www.nphw.org. This scholarship is open to Oregon school and university health education and/or public health groups and will reimburse outreach and education activities conducted by these groups during NPHW.
- Completed Scholarship requests must be received by March 1st, 2017. Awardees will be notified by March 15th, 2017
- Events/Activities must occur during National Public Health Week (April 3rd-9th) and address a theme for the week http://www.nphw.org.
- Upon approval, the organization must submit the event to be promoted on both the OPHA event website http://www.oregonpublichealth.org/events and the APHA NPHW website http://www.nphw.org/events/submit-an-event
- Organization or Club will submit to OPHA HEP a final summary of the event including the number reached, success stories, and any photos/images of the activity.
- Organization or Club will be reimbursed for expenses and provide OPHA HEP with receipts and description of expenses no later than April 20th, 2017.
Questions? Contact Sheri Lilli at firstname.lastname@example.org
OPHA Capitol Visit Day
Registration now open!
WHEN: Friday, April 7, 2017 from 9:00 am - 1:30 pm
WHERE: Oregon State Capitol, Salem, Hearing Room 50
Join the Oregon Public Health Association for our 2017 Capitol Visit Day! You’ll learn about public health related bills that the legislature is working on and how those bills are faring. OPHA will be scheduling legislative appointments* for attendees, and you’ll have the opportunity to share your views with leadership from the Oregon Senate and House. Download event flyer
REGISTER HERE - Space is limited for this event.
*Please note: The availability of representatives is subject to change during the session, therefore appointments are not guaranteed. We will do our best to schedule appointments for those who have registered before March 27, 2017.
We look forward to seeing you in Salem this year for another exciting legislative session!
Click here to learn more about our endorsement process and how to request legislative support.
OPHA Health Education & Promotion
SECTION MEETING and MEET & GREET
Come to the Radio Room for appetizers and join the HE&P section leadership team for lively discussion about ideas, goals, and priorities for the year ahead! Meet the section team and other OPHA members in our section. Find out how the Health Education and Promotion section organizes events and propose your own ideas for 2017 and beyond.
When: Thursday, March 9th from 6pm to 8pm
Where: Radio Room, 1101 NE Alberta, Portland
Questions? Contact: Allie Quady | email@example.com